Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holly Jolly Job Search

Well... My boy is a little bit blue these days about his job search in the coming months, what with all of the economic BS and post-2001 ridiculous clamping down on visas for foreigners...

(in my opinion, this guy is EXACTLY the type of person we want to be attracting to this country right now... The fact that getting a work visa can be so difficult even for someone who is so supremely qualified is just mind-boggling to me. Maybe its always been this way and I just didn't know it, but one way or another, seems to me that we've got our priorities ass-backward in this country.)

Anyway... Before I get to far out on a tangential rant, I actually know a whole bunch of folks who are out on the job market now, or will be shortly. So, I wanted to post a few helpful sample job interviews. Ya know, just to review the basics... The kind of questions that one might be asked... Appropriate responses... Whatev...

I'll cross my fingers and hope that this clip might just give one or two of you out there a leg-up in the stiff-times ahead. Its not perfect, cuz its a guy interviewing for a the job of voice-over for cartoons, but you never know what tomorrow may bring... We've all got to be flexible in these times!

Don't hesitate to pull out a pad of paper and take notes or anything!

:oP



Jonathan Goldstein
Length: 7:18
Original Show: WireTap - Come On, Get Happy
http://www.cbc.ca/wiretap/

No comments: