Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Little Spice

Okay. I can't deny it, I LOOOOOVE me some This American Life. But I wouldn't want you, dear reader, to imagine that I am in a terrible rut and only ever listen to just one show.

So, this day, I want to introduce you to something a little bit different. Another damn good show that is in it's infancy is Radio Lab from the public radio station WNYC.

The show combines science (one of my true loves) with humor to take a populist approach to some really interesting questions.

The episode that I am going to highlight is Musical Language. I'm just going to post the "teaser" and a little bit of the episode to give you a taste. The full episode can be found here. I dare you to listen to the first 5 minutes without getting hooked!



Interested yet?

Length - 17:12 (but the first 5:30 is pretty fun alone!! I swear!)
http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/

3 comments:

brett said...

Bummer! The sound won't play on my Macbook. It stopped at 29 seconds. I'll just have to listen while at work tomorrow.

Danny D. said...

Yeah... Sometimes for the larger files it seems to timeout, particularly if the place where I'm hosting the files has heavy traffic from other sources...

Lemmie try uploading a smaller file...

brett said...

Worked fine at work! But I'd imagine server demand is lower during the day as well. Of course I was working at the time and kind of missed some of the audio.